- Wash zucchini; trim and discard the ends. Cut each zucchini into 4 strips, then cut into 1/4-inch pieces. In a bowl, combine the zucchini, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and hot pepper, if desired.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add vegetables and cook, stirring frequently, until the zucchini is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- While the vegetables cook, stir the eggs, mozzarella, and parmesan together in a bowl.
- Shake the skillet to distribute the vegetables evenly. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and shake skillet again to help distribute the egg mixture. Put lid on pan and cook 5 to 7 minutes, until the egg on top is solid. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- To serve, loosen edges of frittata with spatula. Cut into 4 wedges. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 wedge
Cost: $3.09 for whole recipe / $0.77 per person
Mexican frittata -Rating: 3.3/5 (3 votes cast) Suggestions to serve with: Salsa, Whole wheat toast, for children with glass of fresh Milk, and for adults with a cup of coffee.
. Spanish translation | More Recipes (This link will take you to the IOWA STATE UNIVESITY)
Salud+HealthInfo is for information and educational purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for personal medical attention, diagnosis or hands-on treatment. If you are concerned abut your health or that of a child, please consult your family's physician or health provider immediately and do not try to diagnose yourself. Copyright © 2015 Salud+HEALTHinfo